1/3 Photos of Tiramisu
Chef Gorete's Note:
I've tried many recipes, but this is my all time favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (400 g) package savoiardi ladyfingers (need approx. 35 cookies)
- 2 cups brewed espresso coffee, strong
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (for coffee mixture)
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 (475 g) container mascarpone cheese
- 1/8 cup Kahlua (for cheese mixture)
- 1 -2 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated
- 1Prepare express coffee and let cool.
- 2Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Beat the egg yolks with sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the mascarpone cheese and the 1/8 cup liqueur and beat until smooth and lump free.
- 3In a another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture just until combined. Set aside.
- 4Combine the coffee and the 1/4 cup liqueur. Dip the lady fingers one at a time completely into the coffee mixture (do not let sit in the coffee). Layer the bottom of a 10" spring form pan with biscuits. Cut biscuits to fill in all of the spaces. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the lady fingers. Grate chocolate over cheese mixture.
- 5Repeat the layers of lady fingers ad cheese mixture. Sprinkle the cake with the remaining chocolate, covering completely.
- 6Refrigerate 5 - 6 hours or preferably overnight.
- 7Note: If the tiramisu is too soft, it can be frozen and served either frozen or partially frozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.0
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 166.6 mg
- Sodium 91.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: