Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These ribs are so tender they fall off the bone. Packed with flavor. Very easy dinner.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 3 -4 lbs pork spareribs, trimmed of fat
Ribs and Beans dinner
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Shake flour in the oven cooking bag.
- Place the bag in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Add BBQ sauce, onion and bell pepper.
- Squeeze the bag to blend ingredients.
- Cut the ribs into serving size pieces and place in the bag.
- Turn the bag to coat the meat with the sauce.
- Arrange ribs in a single layer.
- Close with a nylon tie.
- Make a few slits in the top of the bag.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Variation: add Ribs and Beans dinner ingredients.
- Note:The sauce will cause the inside of the bag to turn dark. Relax, it is not burning.
As soon as I saw the name of this recipe I recognized it as one I have used for the last ten years. I originally got it from a magazine add for Reynolds cooking bags. I have had this tattered magazine page for years. Now I can replace it with a printable version. Thanks. Jessie.
excellent! a different flavor for ribs, but oh! what flavor!
These were easy and tasty, but not fall off the bone tender. I need to plan my time better and try the 4 hours at 200 method. I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and Bush's homestyle beans. No mustard and no peppers.