1 hr 15 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Vegetarian Times September 2004
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1 lb medium summer squash, 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 lb green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup corn kernel, preferably fresh
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, garlic and jalapeño, and sauté until the onion is tender and translucent, for about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in all the remaining ingredients except the thyme, salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce the heat to low, and cook, covered, over low heat for 15 to 25 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- 5Add the thyme leaves during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- 6Add the salt and pepper to taste, stirring them in well, and serve the stew warm.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Sisters Stew
Serving Size: 1 (680 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.5
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 471.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: