Prep 14 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our whole family loves bread, any kind any time! This is a great recipe for us
Make and share this Three Bread Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1419.54 ml mixed salad greens
- 2 inch thick slices crusty sourdough bread, cut into irregular pieces
- 8 inch whole wheat pita bread rounds, cut into 12 wedges
- 2 slice pumpernickel bread, torn into pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, very thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 236.59 ml pear-shaped tomatoes or 236.59 ml cherry tomatoes
- 56.69 g shaved dry monterey jack cheese or 56.69 g other hard grating cheese
Dried Yellow Tomato Vinaigrette
- 59.14 ml snipped dried yellow tomatoes (not oil-packed) or 59.14 ml tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml dijon-style mustard
- 9.85 ml snipped fresh thyme or 2.46 ml dried thyme, crushed
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- To prepare Dried Yellow Tomato Vinaigrette. Place dried yellow or red tomatoes in a small bowl. Add boiling water; cover and let stand 10 minutes. Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. In a blender container or food processor bowl combine tomatoes and their reserved liquid, red wine vinegar, Dijon-style mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth. Gradually add olive oil, processing until combined and slightly thickened. Transfer to a storage container. Cover and chill.
- In a large salad bowl combine mixed greens, sourdough pieces, pita wedges, torn pumpernickel, sliced onion, and tomatoes. Drizzle with the Dried Yellow Tomato Vinaigrette; toss gently to coat. Top with cheese.