Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Real Simple, April 2008
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, including liquid
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- crusty bread (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and carrots and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and their liquid, 2 cups water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the chickpeas and beans and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Combine the garlic, pine nuts, parsley, the remaining olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide the chili among individual bowls and top with the pesto.
- Serve with the bread, if desired.
Thought this was good, nice change of pace with the pesto.