Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Easy and fast to make and will give you the power for the day. This also makes a nice dessert. Add some fresh leaves of coriander (or peppermint, sage) for an additional flavour.
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 -2 tablespoon cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Peel grapefruit. Be sure that you also have removed the white skin, which is bitter.
- Cut grapefruit into thin slices, or cut out the grapefruit filets from the grapefruit.
- Arrange grapefruit on a plate.
- Put 1 or 2 lobes of cottage cheese on grapefruit.
- In a small sauce pan heat honey and sesame seeds. Bring to a single boil for a few seconds. Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Pour warm honey mixture over grapefruit and cottage cheese. Garnish with a few fresh coriander leaves and serve.
- Have a great day!
I made this for a salad tonight, just doubled it for my DH and I. It was very good, I didn't have sesame seeds, so I used slivered almonds and it tasted great. Love the honey.
What a refreshing breakfast! I love cottage cheese in the morning but I usually have it on toast. This was a lovely change. I too, followed Mamma's Kitchen in using the jarred version instead of the fresh grapefruit. I found that I was out of sesame seeds so I used poppy seeds....just loved this! I left off the coriander as that did not appeal to me. Well, Thorsten, again you amaze me. Ever thing of changing occupations?
Fantastic breakfast Thorsten! I used jarred grapefruit sections that I find in my local supermarket in the produce section. Saves lots of time! AND I cheated and heated the honey and sesame in the microwave. I also added a small spoonful of flax seeds just because. This breakfast really gets you off to a great start! Thanks Thorsten!