Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My Uncle Bob used to make these when I was a kid. It was a Saturday morning treat. My Grandma Givens would make home-made black raspberry jam for them. This recipe is very simple and very easy to make. I don't know how authentically Hungarian they are but they are tasty!
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Beat eggs separately.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients to the egg yolks.
- Beat until smooth (I used a whisk).
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Spoon about 3 Tablespoons of batter onto hot greased skillet (I use a 6 inch non stick skillet and spray cooking spray before each new pancake).
- Tilt the skillet back and forth to spread the batter to the edges of the skillet.
- Brown lightly on both sides, turning with a spatula.
- Serve with jam or cottage cheese, roll, and serve hot.
Awesome recipe! We use this for our crepes now. we found it easier to let the batter sit for 20 min. before cooking, and to let the first side sit a little longer than a minute. we love this recipe!!