Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is the creamiest and best kugel. It feeds a large crowd. My girlfriend's mother always asks me to bring it and she always takes a big piece home with her. It reheats well.
- 1 (16 ounce) pkge. very thin noodles, cooked and drained
- 10 eggs, separated
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) pkge. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) carton small curd cottage cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Whip egg yolks and beat in remaining ingredients, except egg whites and raisins.
- Fold in stiffly beated whites and noodles.
- Add raisins.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour into greased 4 quart casserole dish.
- Mix topping ingredients (melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon) until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over noodle mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, 10 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out dry.