Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Oh so good!!! For anyone who doesn't like black olives, like me, this dip may just change your opinion about that topic. I had one bite of this dip, then another and so on......my co-worker made this on New Year's eve and was kind enough to pass it on. I love the basic "spinach dip" served in a bread bowl and this recipe is a refreshing change. Great party dip, anytime of the year! Cook time includes 6 hours chilling.
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dill
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 (14 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 large round pumpernickel bread, loaf
- 1 small round pumpernickel bread, loaf
- Drain and chop olives; mix together all ingredients and chill overnight or for 6 hours prior to serving.
- Prior to serving, hollow out large loaf to hold dip.
- Cut up small loaf and the leftover bread hallowed out of large loaf and cut into large bite-sized cubes for dipping.
- Spoon dip into bread bowl and serve with bread cubes.
Delicious dip - especially for olive lovers and those wanting to be. I used fresh dill and parsley and also garnished the bread bowl with extra olives and dill - incredible!
YUMMY!!! I made this for just myself (and I'm glad I'm not sharing it! LOL) and it is wonderful. I omitted the seasoning salt (as I felt the olives were salty enough) and I added some granulated garlic and a pinch of paprika! Will make this again and again! Thanks for sharing.
As a black olive loving family, I thought this would go over well for a BBQ. The problem was that the seasoning salt overwhelmed the rest of the flavors. I will try this again, but using only 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt. Also, I used round italian bread as I could not find pumpernickel.