Recipe by TheDancingCook
A fun and cute way to serve up a hot ham, turkey or bologna and cheese sandwich to your little one. This recipe is courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens Kids' Snacks; 1985.
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices deli ham or 2 slices deli turkey or 2 slices bologna
- 1 whole dill pickle, halved
- 2 slices American cheese or 2 slices cheddar cheese, etc
- butter or margarine, spread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with butter or margarine; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Place a meat slice on top of each slice of buttered bread and top with the pickle.
- "Cover up" pickle with a slice of cheese, covering up one end of the pickle and folding back a corner of the cheese, if desired.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of bread are crisp.