Baked Beans, Cheddar and Pickle Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 2 slices deli rye bread (or pumpernickle)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetarian baked beans
- 1 kosher dill pickle, sliced
- Toast the bread, as desired.
- Smash the beans down onto one slice, top with the pickle and cheese, cover and enjoy!
- MUST use a seriously sharp cheese!
- I use Heinz Vegetarian Baked Beans, but the flavor of any sort of sweet baked beans should work with the sharp cheddar and pickles.
- I eat this with cold or warm beans, but always solid cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was fun to try. Tasted good! We're gonna have fun playing with this recipe! Update: We made these again today and decided to add a little to it. So, we buttered one side on each slice of bread, added some sliced vegetarian hot dogs to the beans and grilled the sandwich on our Foreman grill. Yum! A little messy but a lot of delicious!!!