1/1 Photo of The Lure Burger
1 hr 10 mins
Found on delish.com--this burger with Caramelized Onion and Bacon Jam sounds phenomenal and I plan on making them this weekend. Posting here for safekeeping. Times are estimated and cook time assumes bacon and caramelized onions are being cooked simultaneously. Edited 30 May 2011: These are wonderful! Made them for a Memorial Day weekend BBQ and everyone scarfed them down like there was no tomorrow! I added 1 T Worcestershire sauce to the burgers before mixing and was generous with the salt and pepper. The Caramelized Onion and Bacon Jam would be fantastic on ANY burger or sandwich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 toasted hamburger buns, for serving
- dill pickle (recipe says "shaved dill pickles" for serving)
Caramelized Onion and Bacon Jam
Lure Secret Sauce
- 1Make burger: In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef and mustard. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Mix together until combined.
- 2Shape into four 6-ounce patties. Grill over high heat, for 5 to 6 minutes per side, for medium.
- 3Make Caramelized Onion and Bacon Jam: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4In a sauté pan, heat oil and cook onions until caramelized. This should take about 15 to 20 minutes over moderate heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5When oven is hot, place bacon on a sheet pan and bake until it is nice and crispy, about 30 minutes. Let it cool, and chop it finely.
- 6In a mixing bowl, combine the onions and chopped bacon and season with salt and pepper. Set aside and let sit.
- 7Make Lure Secret Sauce: In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients. Mix until blended together. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Assemble burger: Place burger on toasted bun and top with Caramelized Onion and Bacon Jam and the Lure Sauce and shaved dill pickles.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Lure Burger
Serving Size: 1 (764 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1778.9
- Calories from Fat 1192
- Total Fat 132.4 g
- Saturated Fat 34.3 g
- Cholesterol 223.3 mg
- Sodium 3653.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 44.8 g
- Protein 54.4 g