Open Face Bacon Jam and Egg Sandwich #A1
photo by mommyluvs2cook
- Ready In:
- 16 slices thick sliced smoked bacon
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup red pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground walnuts
- 1⁄2 olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine kosher salt
- 1 cup large spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- 4 brioche rolls, split
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- Fry bacon until crisp in a medium size non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Remove the bacon to paper towels. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Add the onions to the remaining bacon grease and cook until soft and brown, approximately 10 minutes. Add the jelly, A.1., and brown sugar and cook for 12 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce begins to thicken like jam. Stir in the walnuts and set aside.
- Add the oil to a small saucepan and heat until shimmering over high heat. Place rice flour, pepper, salt, and spinach leaves in a zip lock bag to coat. Lower heat to medium-high and drop in the spinach. Fry until lightly crisp, approximately 2 minutes. Remove to paper towels.
- To a small nonstick skillet, add one egg at a time and cook sunny side up.
- While eggs cook, heat buns according to package directions. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- To plate: Spread jam onto both cut sides of the roll, add 4 slices bacon to one side, then the spinach and tomatoes. Top with the egg and serve open faced. Enjoy!
- Note: extra jam can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!