Prep 5 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I can't take the heat of scotch bonnet peppers so I substitute jalapenos, but this is a really great chicken dish
Jerk Chicken Marinade
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper, finely diced i use jalapenos
- 3⁄4 white onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 chicken, cut up
- Mix all ingredients together.
- In a bowl, marinate chicken in jerk marinade for 4 to 5 hours, in the refrigerator.
- Saute chicken in oil, over high heat, until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with rice and beans.
This was very good jerk marinade. Not quite the slow cooked Jamaican jerk of island fame, but very good none the less. I also used jalapenos so perhaps the Scotch Bonnet peppers would have given it a bit more heat which it could have used. I used it with chicken legs which took substantially longer than three minutes, more like ten until they were done.
How much chicken??