Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just found this recipe and, while I haven't tried it, just had to post it for all the Zaar orange lovers!
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter in a large mixing bowl for 30 seconds; add the icing sugar and beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the orange juice until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in 1 tbsp of the orange peel, plus the remaining flour.
- Shape the dough into 1-1/4-inch balls.
- Roll each one in granulated sugar.
- Place the balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 15 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, blend together the 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and the remaining 2 tsp orange peel.
- Roll the warm, baked cookies in this mixture.
- Cool on wire racks.