Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is my absolute favorite recipe for seasoned oven roasted vegetables. And you won't believe how easy it is. I always get compliments and requests for the recipe. In the summer, I mix this up and put it on the grill in a vegetable basket. Great flavor!
Top Review by The_Swedish_Chef
I've made this 3 times, now, so it's high time that I review it. FABULOUS!!! Simple, easy, inexpensive...love the ideas other reviewers have given me to add zucchini (that's a 1st!), Brussel Sprouts, carrots, parsnips, onions, parsnips and sweet potatoes. Add a dash of paprika and garlic powder to the soup mix and 1 hour later, GREAT vegetables. Everyone who tries this comes back for more. Also, because I made a HUGE batch for Thanksgiving, I pureed 1/2 of the mix, added some soup stock to it and had a "Roasted Vegetable" soup to eat the next day. Nothing goes to waste with this recipe. Simply superb!
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mixed vegetables (I typically use a combination of sliced zucchini, asparagus, red bell peppers, whole mushrooms, and)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil or 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In large plastic bag or bowl, add all ingredients.
- Close bag and shake or toss in a bowl until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Empty vegetables into a 9X13 baking or roasting pan; discard plastic bag.
- Bake, stirring once, 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.