Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can bake this barbecued chicken in the oven or on your outdoor grill. Either way, it should be covered while cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375° or prepare a grill (brush the grill grate lightly with oil).
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients except the chicken.
- Reserve 1/3 cup of the barbecue sauce and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the remaining sauce in the bowl, turning to coat.
- Arrange the coated chicken in a roasting pan or on the grill.
- Cook (covered), for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through, basting with the reserved 1/3 cup sauce after 20 minutes. If oven roasting, cook uncovered for the last 15 minutes.
- Note: I like to make dishes like this with Release foil for easier cleanup.
Glad to see someone has posted this recipe for a delicious sweet smoky BBQd chicken with a mild lingering heat! One of my favorite ways of making barbecued chicken since I first had this about a year ago at some friends' house. I have made this recipe several times since then & keep the sauce on hand for chicken and pork (chops). I also discovered it is good for BBQd Chicken Livers (if you happen to like chicken livers... I DO)! I have submitted my version for doing chicken livers using their bbq sauce... "BBQ Chicken Livers... ala the Deen Brothers". There are MANY very good BBQ sauces to explore & so little time to do that exploring; it becomes more challenging when there are several sauces that are special REPEAT favorites! Just keep indulging at every opportunity!
This was a really good barbeque chicken, especially for someone like me that doesn't have a grill. I'll definitely make it again this summer. I did bake the chicken for almost an hour, only because I had two large thighs w/the drumstick attached and one large breast. I'll definitely make this again this summer. Thanks for the recipe.
This is quick and easy with satisfying results. I have the feeling this tastes better grilled (everything does), but it browned nicely and was succulent when oven baked. Thanks, Scoutie.