1/1 Photo of The Best Tiramisu
Mel T's Note:
This recipe makes the absolute best tiramisu ever! It's so (deceptively) light and creamy, with a lovely coffee/amaretto taste. It gets rave reviews every time I make it! Best made a day ahead. The recipe comes from the ladyfinger cookie package. Cook time is approximate time to make coffee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces ladyfingers (I use the Vincenzi all'uovo brand)
- 400 g mascarpone cheese (if the container is 475g, you can use all of it, if desired)
- 4 eggs
- 100 g sugar (I use 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups brewed espresso, hot (or very strong coffee)
- 3 ounces Amaretto (or to taste, can be omitted if wish)
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1Separate eggs, placing yolks in a large-sized bowl and whites in a medium-sized bowl.
- 2Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- 3Beat egg yolks and sugar together until creamy and golden yellow.
- 4Add mascarpone and whip until fully incorporated.
- 5Fold in beaten egg whites, and set mixture aside.
- 6Get out your 13 x 9 glass dish (or serving dish of your choice).
- 7Pour coffee and amaretto into another dish to dunk the cookies.
- 8VERY, VERY QUICKLY dunk enough cookies (one at a time) to line the bottom of the serving dish.
- 9The cookies absorb liquids very rapidly so you don't want to keep them in the hot coffee - just dip them in and take out immediately.
- 10Once the bottom of the serving dish is covered, spread 1/2 of the mascarpone mixture over the cookies.
- 11Repeat the cookie step, then spread on the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- 12Refrigerate for several hours to allow everything to set and to let the flavours develop.
- 13Dust with cocoa. (If it will be in the fridge overnight, you may wish to save the cocoa dusting until the next day.)
- 14Ideally, the tiramisu should be made the day before you wish to serve it, and it lasts several days if kept refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Tiramisu
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.1 mg
- Sodium 51.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: