Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 cups cabbage, finely sliced (I get pre packaged cole slaw mix (with only the cabbage)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot pepper (I use Cayenne)
- Spring roll:.
- Heat oil in a fry pan or wok.
- Add next four ingredients until the meat is browned.
- Add soy sauce and the remaining ingredients.
- Let cool before wrapping in egg roll wrap.
- Read the back of the egg roll wrap package to learn how to properly roll them.
- Deep fry in 1 cup cooking oil until light brown.
- Drain on a paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- turn to low and let cook for 5 minutes.
This dish was WONDERFUL!! My family never stops bugging me about it. Every week they want me to make it. Its simple if you get all the prep done before you start cooking anything. I would recommend this to everyone.