1/1 Photo of The Best Salad We Ever Ate!
Sweet, sour, tangy, creamy and crunchy--this is the ultimate salad. So many tastes and textured, we just love it. You can substitute strawberries for the apples. YUM! Also good with grilled chicken or grilled shrimp! Cooking time reflects the preparation of the pecans. It makes a lot, though...so once you have them made, you have enough for several salads.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons onion juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Pecans use 1/4 cup coarsely chopped
- 1For the Dressing: Put everything in container and shake.
- 2For the Pecans:.
- 3Preheat oven to 325°F, beat the egg whites with salt until foamy.
- 4Add sugar Worcestershire, paprika, and cayenne.
- 5Fold in pecans and melted butter.
- 6Spread pecans over baking sheet.
- 7Bake 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and cool.
- 9Store pecans in an airtight container.
- 10Mix field greens, green onions, blue cheese, apple and pecans.
- 11Toss with dressing--to your taste.
- 12You will have leftover dressing and pecans.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Salad We Ever Ate!
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1168.8
- Calories from Fat 1021
- Total Fat 113.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 1035.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: