Recipe by Jamie Lynne
This recipe was given to my mother by a family friend. I remember tasting this for the first time as a young child and going nuts over it! It is the best peach pound cake I have ever had and the only one I ever want to have again!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
This cake is absolutely wonderful! I whipped this up this morning to serve tomorrow evening, pound cakes are usually better if made a day in advance. I made the mistake of adding in 3/4 cup of sour cream instead of 1/2 cup and it was till fine. I did however cut the sugar down by half a cup (2-1/2 cups)I used 1 tsp baking powder instead of the 1/2 tsp that the recipe called for, and added in 1 tsp almond extract. I made sure to cream the butter, sugar and eggs very well for 8 minutes on my Kitchen Aid, and baked it in a well-greased Bundt pan, in an air convection oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes. I will serve this cake sliced with a peach glaze oven each piece. Thank you for a wonderful recipe Jamie Lynne!....Kittencal:)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups peeled chopped peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one a a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in sour cream and peaches.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 75-85 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar.