Recipe by loveleesmile
Love love the blackbery! These are really good with your favorite iced tea in the summer or hot tea in the winter.
Top Review by Happy Mom
Delicious and simple to make! As suggested in another review, I substituted 1 cup of whole wheat flour for 1 cup of all-purpose flour to make the recipe a bit healthier. Otherwise I made it as directed, and the results were wonderful!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 pinch cinnamon, nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter. Before you add the berries - mix in the buttermilk. Add berries.
- Knead to form dough. Form dough into 3-4 inch balls.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove to rakes to cool. Best served warm.