Recipe by weekend cooker
A very unique sauce I created for Dining for a Dollar. I tested this a sample of this on a chicken sandwiches, and I have come up with a final recipe that is not only kid friendly, but very flavorful. A great, and unique way to prepare this for any BBq sandwich. This has a 24 hour refrigeration time, which is the cooking time.
Top Review by pammyowl
We really liked this, but I thought it was too sweet. I'd cut down on the brown sugar by half then you'd have a real winner! Thanks for posting, made for Dining on a Dollar,2013
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 24.64 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml celery seeds
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne powder
- 414.03 ml tomato ketchup
- 28.39 ml Pepsi, regular
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml dried oregano
- 28.39 ml cider vinegar
- 78.07 ml frenchs prepared mustard
- 78.07 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml cocoa powder
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 14.78 ml liquid smoke
- 59.14 ml Pepsi, regular non diet
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat, and add onion, then saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves, and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper,cocca powder, and celery seeds. Stir until well blended.
- Add the remaining ingredients tomato ketchup, pepsi, brown sugar, dried oregeno, cider vinegar, French mustard,worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, liquid smoke, and pepsi.
- Stir continuously with a wooden spoon to combine together.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer uncovered stirring occasionally over low heat (do not cover pot), the textures and flavors will diminish.
- Cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours before using, and serving.