Recipe by dicentra
NOTE: Thai chile peppers are small, hot chile peppers that are about 1 to 2" in length and about 1/4" thick. They can also be called bird or bird's eye chile peppers. These are HOT so wear some gloves handling and preparing them.
- 1⁄4 cup minced red Thai chile, peppers
- 1⁄4 cup minced garlic
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pickling salt
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 cup white vinegar (5%)
- 2 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare jars, lids and bands.
- In a pot, combine chile peppers, garlic, salt, sugar, rice vinegar and white vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often until sugar and salt is dissolved.
- Increase heat to high and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lime zest and juice.
- Pour into prepared jars leaving a 1/2" headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace if needed.
- Process jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.