Linda's Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for Dipping (Egg Rolls, Sushi)
I created this recipe to make Thai Chicken Wings this weekend, and it was great! Use this sauce in any of your Thai recipes asking for Sweet Chili Sauce. This recipe is medium hot, so use the chilis according to your taste! I also use it on my sushi, egg rolls, and spring rolls, and it is incredible!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek or 2 tablespoons chili peppers
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a small pan add the first 6 ingredients together, over low heat.
- Stir constantly until mixture thickens to a syrupy consistency, about 5 minutes once it starts to simmer. It reduces quite a bit.
- Mix well, and let sit until hot.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl and add to the sauce. Mix well. Let cook until it starts to thicken, then remove from heat.
- Let cool, and use in any of your Thai recipes asking for Sweet Chili Sauce.