1/1 Photo of Thai Sweet Chili Chicken
I made this recipe for my family and they loved it. It's something that requires very little prep time and is very forgiving to make. You can adjust the spiciness with the red pepper flakes. Pairs perfectly with jasmine rice and a stir fry vegetable dish or spicy soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut in small strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in strips
- 1/4 cup fresh gingerroot, cut in very thin strips
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1Fry the 1/2 of the onions, 1/2 of the ginger, and all the garlic in a very hot pan/pot with vegetable oil. (Add ingredients to the pan in the above mentioned order so that you don't burn the garlic).
- 2After browning the edges of the onions (about 2-3 mins), add chicken. Fry for five more minutes.
- 3Add sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, red pepper flakes. (You can add salt/pepper here too if you are familiar with this dish, otherwise wait so that you don't oversalt.).
- 4Reduce heat to med-low and allow the chicken to simmer without the lid for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The liquid should reduce by at least half.
- 5Salt/pepper to taste. (The chicken should be fully cooked at this point, so you can taste the sauce.).
- 6Add the rest of the onions and ginger, then cook for 3-5 more minutes.
- 7Enjoy with jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Sweet Chili Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 125.9 mg
- Sodium 519.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 30.7 g