Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I use this recipe in my Kitchen quite a bit now and it's a very popular choice.
- 8 chicken pieces (I use Drumsticks with the skins removed but you can use 4 Breast Fillets as well)
- 1 large onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- fresh coriander
- 500 ml yoghurt, with honey
- 500 ml cream (Double works best for flavour)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, to taste (Mild to Medium)
- 3 cups basmati rice (Washed in plenty of Cold Water and Drained)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- boiling water
- Set Oven to 200 oc Chop Onions and Peppers fry in a little oil until soft.
- pour over Chicken Pieces in a baking dish.
- Bake chicken Pieces covered until just cooked and Browned and place aside.
- In a bowl mix Yoghurt and Honey,Cream,half the Corriander chopped and the curry Powder.
- Pour this mixture over Chicken cover and place back into oven for 15 Minutes.
- In your Saucepan of Boiling water add your washed Basmati Rice and Turmeric,allow to return to boil then simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat well covered.
- Remove the lid from yor Chicken and Allow 5 minutes to Brown the Chicken off.
- Serve over the Rice and Garnish with the rest of the Corriander.
This dish is really quick and easy to make. I make it regularly. It is delicous!! I am confused about the title though - "Thai Style Coconut Chicken" - there is NO coconut in the dish at all!