Thai-Style Skewered Chicken
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz. each)
- 8 skewers (metal or wooden, if wooden, soak first)
- lime wedge, for serving
- jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 2 stalks lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and add to the marinade. Turn to coat evenly, cover, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers and reserve the remaining marinade for basting. Cook the chicken on a prepared, medium-hot grill for about 7 minutes on each side, basting with the reserved marinade while cooking. Serve with lime wedges and jasmine rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent! I only marinated the chicken for about 4 hours and thought that was plenty. The chicken really absorbed the flavors. It was great served over the rice. Before putting the skewers onto the grill, I made sure all of the lemongrass was off of the chicken, since it can be hard. It did impart a lovely and unique flavor in the marinade! Yummy. Thanks for posting. Made for Family Picks during ZWT9 Soup-A-Stars team
We really enjoyed this quick and easy, flavorful chicken. The combination of the marinade ingredients was wonderful. I used recipe #467552 for the red curry paste and it worked perfectly for this recipe. I let the chicken marinate for about 3 hours and that was enough time to flavor the meat to our taste. I served this over jasmine rice with lime wedges. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made for ZWT9 SE Asia "Tradition with a Twist of Innovation" challenge for The Apron String Travelers.
I liked this, but with reservations. I let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight, and found the texture of the finished dish to me kind of mealy- like the acid had broken the meat down too much before cooking it. Next time I'll stick with just a few hours. The flavors, however were outstanding. I'm often looking for a quick marinade for chicken on the grill, and this fits the bill very well. Made for ZWT9
see 1 more reviews