Recipe by trick
I had this at a recent potluck and it was wonderful! Make sure you use Thai Basil as it has a very different taste from Italian Basil. This recipe is fast and fairly easy to make, but requires constant stirring."
Top Review by gailanng
Gosh, I have so many weaknesses...blue curacao, red nail polish, coffee, country music, a good pie crust, Thai food. Did I miss anything? (I cut way, way back on the oil and it was just fabulous.)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil (for frying)
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice, chilled
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 serrano peppers, crushed
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Thai basil
- 1 cucumber, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro stem (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat until the oil begins to smoke.
- Add the mixture of oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.
- Stir for a minute or two to heat.
- Add the garlic and Serrano peppers, stirring quickly.
- Stir in the chicken, bell pepper, and onion. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Raise heat to high and stir in the chilled rice; stir quickly until the sauce is blended with the rice. Use the back of a spoon to break up any rice sticking together.
- Remove from heat and mix in the basil leaves.
- Garnish with sliced cucumber and cilantro as desired.