1/3 Photos of Thai Spicy Basil Chicken Fried Rice
I had this at a recent potluck and it was wonderful! Make sure you use Thai Basil as it has a very different taste from Italian Basil. This recipe is fast and fairly easy to make, but requires constant stirring."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut oil (for frying)
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice, chilled
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 serrano peppers, crushed
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Thai basil
- 1 cucumber, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- 1Whisk together the oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar
- 2Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat until the oil begins to smoke.
- 3Add the mixture of oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar.
- 4Stir for a minute or two to heat.
- 5Add the garlic and Serrano peppers, stirring quickly.
- 6Stir in the chicken, bell pepper, and onion. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- 7Raise heat to high and stir in the chilled rice; stir quickly until the sauce is blended with the rice. Use the back of a spoon to break up any rice sticking together.
- 8Remove from heat and mix in the basil leaves.
- 9Garnish with sliced cucumber and cilantro as desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Spicy Basil Chicken Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.6
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 1108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 20.2 g