1/10 Photos of Thai Shrimp & Spinach Curry
A wonderful thai dish with loads of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk, chilled (available at Asian markets)
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons thai green curry paste or 1 1/2-2 teaspoons red curry paste (available at Asian markets)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and,if desired,deveined (about 24)
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce, available at Asian markets)
- 2 carrots, sliced thin crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 3/4 lb spinach, coarse stems discarded and the leaves washed well and spun dry (about 1 bunch)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- cooked rice, as an accompaniment.
- 1Spoon about 1/3 cup of the thick coconut cream from the top of the coconut milk and in a large heavy skillet cook the cream over moderate heat, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it is thickened slightly.
- 2Add the curry paste and cook the mixture, whisking, for 1 minute.
- 3Add the shrimp and sauté the mixture over moderately high heat, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink.
- 4Add the coconut milk and the naam pla and simmer the mixture, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute, or until the shrimp are just cooked through.
- 5Transfer the shrimp with a slotted spoon to a bowl, to the skillet add the carrots and the bell pepper, and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes.
- 6Add the spinach in batches, stirring until each batch is wilted, return the shrimp to the skillet, and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- 7Sprinkle the dish with the coriander and serve it with the rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp & Spinach Curry
Serving Size: 1 (368 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.8
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 143.2 mg
- Sodium 1452.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste