1/3 Photos of Thai Shrimp Dumplings
These are a bit time consuming to make, but so very worth the effort. The filling is very easy to make and very falvorful. it's the folding the dumplings that takes the most time. These are wonderful with thew sauce but equaly good without and served as wonton.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Thai shrimp dumplings
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili sauce (optional)
- 1Filling: Combine all ingredients for filling and refrigerate.
- 2Sauce: Combine all ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- 3Fill a small bowl with water, set aside.
- 4Dust a platter or baking sheet liberally with cornstarch. (This will prevent filled wontons from sticking, prior to cooking.).
- 5On a cutting board place the wonton wrappers, three at a time, side by side.
- 6Into the centre of each one, place about 1 teaspoon of the shrimp filling.
- 7Using a small pastry brush, paint two opposite edges of the wonton wrappers with water.
- 8Fold the wrapper over so that the ends meet.
- 9Gather the edges together like a purse, ruffling the edge. Pinch tightly to ensure it is sealed together.
- 10Place on cornstarch dusting baking sheet.
- 11Repeat until all filling is used up.
- 12Heat a skillet with 2 tablespoons (25 mL) vegetable oil.
- 13Place the wontons in the hot oil for about a minute or until browned on the bottom.
- 14Add sauce and put the lid on, reduce heat to low.
- 15Cook for 1 more minute with the lid on and the heat turned off.
- 16Let Stand 1 minute with heat off.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Shrimp Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 33
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 144.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
rice wine vinegar