Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Donna Hay's 'The Last minute kitchen' 2001
- 2 tablespoons arachid oil
- 2 lemon grass root, chopped fine
- 2 red chili peppers, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped in rings
- 650 g rice (boiled, use long rice such as jasmin)
- 450 g chicken (strips) or 450 g pork (strips) or 450 g beef, cut in pieces (strips)
- 35 g mint leaves (chopped)
- 30 g coriander leaves
- 4 lemon basil, cut in strips (djeroek poernet)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- Heat a frying pan or wok at high temperature. Add oil, lemongrass, peppers and spring-onion an stir fry for 3 minutes. Mix rice, meat, mint, coriander, lime leaves and lemon grass root mixture in a bowl. Mix lime juice, sugar and fish sauce and pour over salad. Serve chilled.
This was the best rice I have ever made. Used Thai chili paste, skipped the mint, self ground coriander seeds, Jasmine rice, and regular basil. I made it and served hot cause we just couldn't wait. BEST I'VE EVER MADE. Soo good. Thanx for the recipe!
Well, I'd really like to try this but the directions leave alot to the imagination...sounds like it could be pretty good. help?