Vietnamese Vermicelli Bowl With Lemongrass
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Something that excites me...but not so much my significant other ¯_(..)_/¯ (more for me!)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken (or tofu or large shrimp)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped lemongrass (about 3 stalks tender white part)
- 1⁄2 cup onions or 1/2 cup shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 8 ounces vermicelli rice noodles, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 daikon radish, cut into matchsticks (small piece)
- generous handful fresh basil or mint leaf
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 red chili, sliced thin
- Cut chicken or tofu into long strips ( if grilling) or bite sized pieces if cooking in a skillet or grill pan.
- To prepare the marinade place lemongrass in a food processor and pulse until very finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients: onion, garlic, salt, sugar, five spice and pulse until finely chopped. Place mixture in a bowl, stir in oil and chicken. Let marinate 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Boil noodles per package directions, usually boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. ( Note: If you prefer noodles warm, rinse with hot water).
- Prep the vegetables as listed.
- To prepare the dressing mix lime juice, fish sauce, water, sugar and chilies in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat grill. Grill chicken (or tofu or shrimp) and cook on medium heat until cooked through. Note: Can use a grill pan or skillet stovetop.
- To assemble bowls place noodles, vegetables, fresh herbs, grilled chicken (or shrimp or tofu), grouped together in a bowl. Spoon a little dressing over the noodles and veggies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION