Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is spicy, but very good. Most asian markets sell lime leaves.
Make and share this Thai Red Curry Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 2 hot peppers (like serrano)
- 1 cup rich coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 fresh lime leaves, finely slivered
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- Rinse shrimp. Cut one pepper into rings, then mash with a mortar and pestle to form a paste. Cut oher pepper into thin strips.
- Heat 2/3 cup coconut milk in a skillet over high heat. When it is almost boiling, spoon out 1 tablespoon and reserve. Reduce remaining cream for a few minutes until it's think and bubbly. Add curry paste and stir over med-high heat for a few minutes, until mixture is thick.
- Increse heat to high and add remaining coconut milk, stirring well. Add sugar. Add shrimp and stir frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in crushed chilies and lime leaves. Stir about 30 seconds and then add basil leaves and strips of pepper. Stir well to wilt basil, then turn off heat.
- Transfer to serving dish and dribble remaining coconut milk over top. Serve with rice.
This was fantastic and very easy. I added some veggies to this recipe (1 red pepper, 2 zucchini). I cut back the sugar to 1 tbsp. as well.
I didn't have any lime leaves or hot peppers, but it still turned out very good (I used half a can of *very* spicy red curry paste). It is nice & fast too.