Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is spicy, but very good. Most asian markets sell lime leaves.
Make and share this Thai Red Curry Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse shrimp. Cut one pepper into rings, then mash with a mortar and pestle to form a paste. Cut oher pepper into thin strips.
- Heat 2/3 cup coconut milk in a skillet over high heat. When it is almost boiling, spoon out 1 tablespoon and reserve. Reduce remaining cream for a few minutes until it's think and bubbly. Add curry paste and stir over med-high heat for a few minutes, until mixture is thick.
- Increse heat to high and add remaining coconut milk, stirring well. Add sugar. Add shrimp and stir frequently for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in crushed chilies and lime leaves. Stir about 30 seconds and then add basil leaves and strips of pepper. Stir well to wilt basil, then turn off heat.
- Transfer to serving dish and dribble remaining coconut milk over top. Serve with rice.