This is a recipe that I've tweeked and adjusted to yield a warm noodle side-dish. It can also stand alone as a main dish. It's quick and easy and full of flavor! I serve it with Chicken Satay. Leftovers are yummy hot or cold.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 2 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Add 2 TBSP sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 TBSP sesame oil in heavy pot over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions, carrots, stir-fry veggies, garlic and ginger.
- Saute until vegetables soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add honey, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and chili-garlic sauce and mix well.
- Simmer sauce 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss well.
- Transfer to platter and serve warm.
- Garnish with additional green onions, if desired.
- Yields 8 side dish servings or 4 main dish servings.
- **Chili-Garlicsauce can be increased or decreased depending on how spicy you like your dish.
- As written, this recipe has some heat, but is still edible for my toddler son.