Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You'll certainly get your veggies with this recipe -- a light but filling Thai-style noodle dish.
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 75 g green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 red chile, trimmed and sliced
- 125 g baby corn, halved
- 1 garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 200 g wide rice noodles
- 75 g Baby Spinach, shredded
- 1 bunch coriander, coarsely chopped
- 2 cod fish fillets
- flour, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lime
- Dissolve the stock cube in 600ml boiling water in a medium sized saucepan.
- Place the pan over a medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans, corn and chilli, return to the boil and cook for one minute.
- Now add the leeks and garlic.
- Return to a boil and remove immediately from the heat.
- Add the noodles, shredded spinach and a couple good tablespoonsful of coriander.
- Stir until everything is immersed, then cover and leave for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the fish.
- Pat it dry to absorb any excess water, then dust both sides with flour and shake to remove any extra.
- Over a medium heat, warm the oil in a frying pan and fry the fish.
- Turn after about three minutes, depending on how thick the fillets are, to cook the other side.
- Turn off the heat and leave the cod in the pan while you scoop the noodles and remaining liquid into two bowls.
- Top each with a fillet of fish, scatter over the remaining coriander and serve with a lime wedge.