Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A unique salad that packs a punch. If you like oriental salads try this. If you don't like oriental salads try this. It's different and delicious. I did fail to mention this does not keep. After reading the review, I have added this one correction. My apologies to the chef who gave it a try.
- 2 large cucumbers, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
- 8 ounces shredded carrots
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- In a large bowl whisk together: soy sauce, milk, vinegar, peanut butter, garlic, onion, ginger, oil, and red pepper flakes.
- Add pasta, toss to coat.
- Add vegetables, toss well to incorporate.
- Sprinkle crushed peanut on top for garnish.
- Serve immediately or chil to serve.
I was glad to be able to take brendaboo's advice and make the salad the morning of my event. It only took a half hour to prepare, made the 3 hour car ride in the cooler, and was a terrific hit at my family reunion. I am now eating it for lunch the Monday after (I made it Sat am) and while the cucumbers are a bit soggy, it is still moist and tastes great. Thanks for a great recipe...even my husband who doesn't like Thai food much loved it!
This recipe was very easy to make, but also extremely disappointing. I made it in advance and refrigerated overnight. It was dry, and tasted terrible. I would not recommend at all and will never try it again.