Recipe by Chef Orgazmo
Little something I picked up from a vegetarian cookbook. I'm not vegetarian however so I suggest adding in a few shrimp here or there.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Excellent as is! I was expecting a peanut butter sauce, so when I came to make it, I thought, oh! This is so nice, different and very tasty! the balsamic vinegar is an unexpected touch, and you do have to like the taste, which we do! I omitted the chilli because the youngsters don't enjoy them, but if it were just DH and I, I would add them. I didn't use the oil in the dressing, it seemed to me that the dish was quite moist enough. I'm sure that it would make a difference, but we enjoyed it very much like this. Made for My-3-Chefs, November 08, thanks, Chef Orgazmo!
- 7 ounces medium Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, Crushed
- 1 medium onion, Roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, Seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, Seeded and roughly chopped
- 12 ounces zucchini, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
For the Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a very large frying pan(Wok works well too) cook the garlic and onions for 3 min or until they get soft. Add the peppers and zucchini and cook for another 15 minute over medium heat until they soften and brown. Add the Peanuts and cook for 1 more minute.
- Wisk together Olive oil, lemon zest, and 3 tblspn lemon juice. Add in chilie, chives, and balsamic vinegar to taste. season with salt & pepper.
- Toss Noodles into veggies and stirfry to heat through(Also this is a good place to add in small cooked shrimp if you want). add the dressing, stir to coat throughly and serve.