- 6 cups whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked rice (basmati rice preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mangoes, peeled and chopped (about 2 large)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine whole milk and basmati rice in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium, and gently boil 40 minutes or until mixture thickens. (Mixture will be a chowder like consistency.)
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, cardamom, and salt; cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Spoon 1/2 cup cup rice mixture into each of 8 dessert bowls.
- Top each serving with 1/4 cup chopped mango.