Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this dish in all forms, and love the adaptability of this recipe. This is a good recipe for beginners to Thai cooking. Pretty impossible to mess up!
- 14.79-22.18 ml green curry paste
- 14.79 ml coconut oil or 14.79 ml other vegetable oil
- 226.79-340.19 g boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks or 226.79-340.19 g shrimp
- 198.44 g can coconut milk
- 2.46 ml grated lime zest (zest from 1 lime)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise several times then cut into chunks
- fish sauce
- brown sugar
- lime juice
- fresh basil
- Warm a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl around, then add the green curry paste.
- Stir-fry briefly to release the fragrance (30 seconds to 1 minute), then add coconut milk.
- Add chicken, stirring to incorporate. When the curry sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium or medium low, until you get a nice simmer.
- Cover and allow to simmer 3-5 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- Add the bell pepper and zucchini, plus the lime zest, stirring well to incorporate. Simmer another 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are softened but still firm and colorful.
- Do a taste test for salt, adding 1-2 T. fish sauce if not salty enough. If you would prefer a sweeter curry add a little brown sugar. If too salty, add a squeeze of lime juice. If too spicy, add more coconut milk.
- Serve this curry in bowls over rice. Top each portion with fresh basil.