Recipe by Halalmom
I just love Thai cuisine. This is a lovely recipe developed by Australian TV-chef Bill Granger, a wonderful cook! Serve with lots of steamed rice and a Thai cucumber salad.
Top Review by DinnerDiva
We really liked this. I didn't have a thai red pepper so I substituted about 1/2 tsp. of Thai Red Curry paste. It was not at all spicy. I served the fish over rice. I used Swai, a mild white fish similar to Tilapia.
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup fish stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 small red chile
- 4 white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, lime leaves, lemon grass and chili in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Boil for ten minutes, then lower the heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add the fish and poach for about three minutes, until fish is just done.
- Remove the fish, cover and set aside.
- Reduce the sauce over high heat (about five minutes), until slightly thickened.
- Strain and stir in the lime juice.
- Serve the fish with cooked rice, covered with the sauce.