This isn't a recipe so much as it is a formula. You can swap out the protein and vegetables for whatever you feel like, trade out the red paste for green, and serve over rice or noodles as suits your fancy. For purposes of demonstration, I've used tofu and a few vegetables that are currently in season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 175 g extra firm tofu, cubed and patted dry (1/2 brick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander, stems and leaves chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste (or to taste)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup broccoli floret
- 1 (16 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1/2 cup water
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add tofu and toss to sear. Once lightly browned, remove the tofu and set aside.
- 2Reduce heat to medium-high and add onion and saute until softened. Add ginger and saute a further minute, following with garlic and 1/2 of the cilantro (I normally use the stems at this point, reserving the leaves for the end).
- 3Add curry paste and stir. Return tofu and add vegetables. Stir to coat.
- 4Add coconut milk and stock/water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer everything for 10-15 mins, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- 5Remove from heat and season with lime juice and fish sauce. Add reserved cilantro and serve with lime wedges over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Coconut Curry
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.8
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 416.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 64.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste