Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my mom's recipe, I make it all the time. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 4 -5 sliced carrots
- 1 red pepper
- baby corn, green pepper and bamboo shoots
- Cut your chicken into bite size pieces, place in a large frying pan or wok with 1/3 Cup of water at medium - high heat.
- Add coconut oil, honey, lime juice, garlic powder, ginger and basil.
- When your chicken is cooked, add soy sauce, onion, red pepper, carrots and other desired cut up vegetables.
- Put the lid on and cook for 7 minutes on medium - high heat.
- In the last 2 minutes of the above, add crushed red pepper, cloves of garlic (use a garlic press).
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and 1/2 half cup of water.
- When the 7 minutes are up add the cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with capellini noodles or jasmine rice (add coconut oil during cooking).
Very tasty stirfry. I am sorry that I couldn't add Coconut oil as I have never seen it in my markets.. I used Stir Fry Noodles and added them 3 minutes before serving - Very enjoyable easy meal.