Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I have had for some time now, and I don't even remember where I got it, but it does sound delicious, so I thought I'd post it - Have fun with it!!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2 lb
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 pepper or 1 two small red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄4 cups chicken bouillon
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, coasrse chopped (or shredded)
- Cut chicken into bite-size strips, about 1/4-inch wide. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick frying pan set over medium-high heat. Add about half of chicken ad stir-fry until almost cooked, from 3-4 minutes. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken, add more oil if needed. Remove to plate.
- Add remaining oil to pan, then mushroom, ginger, jalapeno, pepper, garlic, and chili flakes. Stir often until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, fish sauce and sugar. When boiling, add chicken and and any juices that have collected on plate. Cook uncovered, and stirring often, just until chicken is done as you like it, or feels springy to the touch, about 2 minutes. Sti in onion and basil. Taste and add a little more fish sauce if you like.
- Spoon over rice in individual bowls.
Very quick to put together - and VERY tasty. We enjoyed this dish very much. We have a foreign student living with us and she hates fish. Didn't tell her about the fish sauce and she took 2 heaping helpings. Thanks for the recipe Chef Mariajane!