Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- peanut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 Thai red chili peppers, stemmed and sliced thin (amount to taste)
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek or 1 tablespoon other hot chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon galanga powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 fresh lime
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok over medium-high heat; add garlic, lemongrass, and chiles, heating until they become fragrant, then add chicken to wok.
- Stir-fry chicken 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through; remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another 1/2 tbsp oil to wok if needed; allow to heat and add broccoli florets, stir-frying for about 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to pan with broccoli and stir well.
- Stir together peanut butter with chile sauce, galanga powder, and the juice of the half of lime until smooth; add to pan along with the fish sauce and blend well.
- Add chopped basil right at the end, stir well and serve (with steamed jasmine rice!).
What can I say except a truly flavorsome recipe. Used full chili strength but had to use dried lemon grass, cut back on the peanut butter and used ginger . I sliced the chicken while it was 3/4 frozen so I got lovely thin even slices (makes it look great). Used Denzil's hot sauce. MMmmmm will make it again & again Thanks SueL