Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Curried noodles with a spicy dipping sauce. Use my Thai Red Chile Sauce - Nam Prik Dang Nam Prik Dang Sauce, to accompany this recipe or use a dipping sauce of your choice.
- 1 lb Chinese egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped hot red chili peppers
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 12 ounces lean pork loin, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 scallions, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 cup red chili sauce (may use Thai Red Chile Sauce - Nam Prik Dang nam prik dang)
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until just tender; drain.
- Heat oil in wok; add shallots, garlic, chilies and curry paste, cooking until just fragrant.
- Add the pork in several batches and cook for 3-4 minutes each batch.
- Place all meat in wok and add carrot, fish sauce, and brown sugar; bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and scallions and combine to mix.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with nam prik dang sauce as a dipping sauce.
This was truly delicious. Cut down a fraction on chili and paste. Didn't use much of the chilli dipping sauce, (didn't need it), will however be using it on rice. Yumm!
Fabulous flavor! I can't believe I made something so good and authentic tasting! Asian cuisines are my favorites, and that's why SueL's recipes are among the best, in my book! Thanks, Sue - you did it again!!
This is a delicious dish. I made it as directed, but left out the pork since I didn't have any. I am going to try this with a variety of oriental noodles since I have lots of kinds to use up! Quick and easy and filling.