Recipe by Sharon123
A great way to fix cabbage! I got this from a Weight Watcher's magazine.
Top Review by teresas
9/29/2007 This is so good! Easy and quick to prepare, tasty too. I needed a side dish for recipe #230166 and came across this. They made a great pair. It also is WW friendy, how cool is that...It's a keeper. Thanks, Sharon123 for posting. Update. Made again this time served it with recipe #108105. Excellent meal. Worthy of 10+ stars. A must make.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) bagsvery thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups red bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1 1⁄3 cups peeled shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl; stir well, set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, bell pepper and carrot; saute 2 minutes.
- Add lime juice mixture; saute an additional 2 1/2 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- This makes 7 servings.
- For weight watchers this is 1 point.