Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Jambalaya that crossed the Texas/Louisianna border- y'all.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup converted rice (uncooked)
- 4 ounces spicy smoked sausage (cut into bite size chunks)
- 4 ounces ham, diced
- 2 cans rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans texas style ranch style beans (undrained)
- In a 5 quart sauce pan, heat olive oil and saute onion and green pepper add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add rice, sausage and ham and stir to coat rice with olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients, except beans, and heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and cover and cook for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in beans and heat through.
- Chow down!