Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my own take on Goulash that my mother used to make when I was growing up. What she made was only ground beef, onions, tomato juice and macaroni. I've dressed it up a little bit and it's something that I can make at a drop of the hat because I usually have all the ingredients on hand.
- 113.39 g macaroni (can use corn or rice pasta)
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce
- 425.24 g can chopped tomatoes
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, brown ground beef, garlic, and onions in a large skillet sprayed with oil.
- When ground beef is cooked, add remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.
- Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired.
Made this tonight for dinner because I had to work a meeting after work and needed something quick and tasty! This came together easily and tasted very good. I let the dish sit over low heat for about 30 minutes to let the spices meld....ended up adding a bit more cayenne pepper to increase the heat. The cinnamon flavor came through easily, and added a little something special. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars.
Great flavorful meal. Easy to do and great flavors.
This recipe taste great with the spices. I omitted the chopped tomatoes cause I forgot to buy a can. I found it pretty easy to do. Thanks Lori. Made for 123 hit wonders